The tie is one of the basic accessories in the men’s wardrobe, and there are many men who wear one every day for work reasons. If you want to know how to tie a tie knot , read on and take note of the steps to make it easy and not complicate your life every time you have to put one on.
How to tie a tie knot
A well-tied knot not only looks pretty , it also projects a better image of you, since whoever sees it will think that you are a person who pays attention to details and takes the trouble to do things right. Currently there is a wide variety of tie knots that can be made, some more complicated than others, some more elegant … a lot to choose from.
Steps to make a tie knot easily
- The four-in-hand knot is one of the most popular knots among beginners as it is the easiest to tie. It is a long, narrow and beautiful knot, ideal to lengthen the part of the neck of the man who wears it.
- The first thing you have to do is bring the wide end to the left and the smaller end to the right, starting with the width.
- Pass the wide end from the left to the right, over the small end.
- The next step will be to pass the wide end under the small one, and again to the left.
- Now, pass the wide end back over the small end and bring it to the right.
- Bring the wide end up , passing it through the center of the bow that has formed around the neck.
- The wide end should now be brought down through the loop that was formed in the front in the previous step.
- Pull the wide end down to tighten the knot , and slide it up to tighten it .
- If you have completed all the steps correctly, the knot will have been perfect for you.
What is the origin of the Four in Hand tie knot?
This knot, one of the most popular, adopted the name of a 19th century Gentlemen’s Club, and is considered the most famous of all knots. Its fame is mainly due to the fact that it is very easy to make and very versatile , plus it can also be easily undone. If you don’t want to complicate learning a lot of knots, then the best thing you can do for any occasion is Four in Hand.